- Commissioner London motioned to hold the second budget meeting in Commission Chambers, on Tuesday August 14, 2012
- These meetings are two of the most important meetings of the year. They should be in Commission Chambers
- Commissioner London was not informed prior to the meeting
- Commissioner Lewy seconded the motion for discussion
- Commissioner Lewy stated "comfort of staff is not his priority"
- Mayor Cooper stated "this is ridiculous and political and total BS" but also "the budget meeting worked fine last year in city commission chambers"
- So which one is it Mayor Cooper? "BS" or "access and ease for the public"
Commissioner Keith S. London
Do I have to whistle or knock a chair over to make some noise to be recognized? The person in charge of the meeting has to ask the audience. How difficult is that?
Commissioner Lewy told me after the meeting “candidates are there to learn not to ask questions”. It may be so, but I was there as a resident, not a candidate. What are the residents at the meeting, potted flowers or decorations, seen but not heard?
I will try to gather enough strength to expose myself to another night of frustration.
It is your CITY and YOUR money, spend it the way you like to.