Saturday, March 27, 2010

Investigating a school beating that the Broward School system -and police?- want to ignore and sweep under the rug

By now, I had expected to have posted here any
number of stories that I've previously advertised
and referenced thru my emails and blog posts:

1.) Some keen analysis, photos and video of the
Broward County Commission meeting and vote
on the unpopular and out-of-scale Diplomat
LAC
proposal in Hallandale Beach, and why things
worked out the way they did, to the dismay of all
the Diplomat's high-paid lawyers and consultants,
as well as the bussed-in union workers, who were
paid to attend.
After they didn't win, some of the union workers
were heard grumbling in the hallways, "Does this
mean we won't be paid for showing-up?"


2.) That much-anticipated blog post re serial liar,
blowhard and back-stabber Alexander Lewy,
candidate for Hallandale Beach City Commission
and longtime Joy Cooper apologist, which was
to give you all a bit of an insider's look at his
ability to be so self-evidently two-faced and
condescending, while demanding to be taken
seriously at the same time.

His brand of ultra-insincerity takes
many years of
practice!

3.) Unmask the identity of the Hallandale Beach
City Hall-paid "spy," the carefully-selected
individual who has acted for years as Joy Cooper
and Mike Good's Secret Police, reporting
back to City Hall on what HB citizen taxpayers
like you and I said and did while we were simply
exercising our Constitutional rights to assemble
and speak our mind, even while this City Hall
crony was getting paid thousands of taxpayer
dollar
s
for spying on y-o-u and me.

You'll still get all those posts and many others
that I've already written, perhaps even as soon
as Sunday evening, but I wanted to tell you
why you aren't seeing them now.

Late Wednesday afternoon I received a very
disturbing phone call from a trusted friend that
made me decide to put those posts on hold for
a bit.

She wanted my assistance in helping out someone
she knew who needed some positive words and
clear-headed thinking to figure out what their
next step should be.

It turns out that the classmate of one of her
Middle School kids had been the victim of a
beating by another kid at their Broward school
a few months ago, apparently, so I'm led to
believe, in full view of some of the school officials
and administrators.

After I agreed to meet at a favorite hangout of
ours, my friend, her own kid and the victim of
this unprovoked attack, a very careful examination
of the germane facts left little doubt in my mind
that in the Broward town where this attack took
place -NOT Hallandale Beach- there seems
to have been what I can only describe as a
semi-orchestrated effort on the part of the school
and the nearby Police Dept. to make this entire
case disappear, due largely to reasons of sheer
cronyism and a huge fear of public embarrassment
and backlash.

And, shocker of shockers, you won't be surprised
to hear that the alleged perpetrator is a serial
troublemaker, who has often been the precipitating
agent in many previous fights and beatings,
all to very little practical effect as far as actual
meaningful punishment goes.

Oh, and did I mention yet that both the victim
as well as the perpetrator were young teenage
girls?

Once the legal system actually got involved,
things got no better, as the "alleged perp"
seems to have been cut all sorts of breaks,
down to that town's cops actually delivering
a later TRO to the wrong house!

The more I heard from this distraught girl
Wednesday night about the way the Broward
County School system and legal system had
continually let her down, over-and-over,
the angrier I got.

That was only made worse with everything
that has gone on of late with violence in and
around various Broward schools, and I had
to keep reminding myself to stay focused,
even as James Notter & Company tried
to play nice with the media by downsizing
the significance of the school violence here,
including up in Deerfield Beach where the
most recent highly publicized case took place.

Broward Sheriff Admits Error in Report About Deerfield School Beating; Deputy Was Not Quickly at Scene -
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/2010/03/bso_response_josie_ratley_wayne_treacy.php

I'm going to be digging for a lot more information
on this and see what I can ferret out, even calling
in some IOUs with some local investigative
reporters who have more resources than I do.

IF
everything has actually played-out as I
suspect it has been, I'm going to do everything
I can to make sure that some heads roll in a
very public way.

That may even include some really insensitive
behavior on the part of a current sitting judge,
whose conduct was MUCH LESS than what
the situation required and what the public
has a reasonable right to expect.

The judge seems to have bent over backwards
to help the perp, even while leaving the actual
victim in this case to feel further beleaguered
and isolated.
And fearful.

If that proves to be the case, the sort of close
scrutiny that the unethical and downright
creepy crew of miscreants at Hallandale Beach
City Hall and environs have received here
on this blog for years, as a direct result of
their own longstanding unprofessional conduct
and illegal actions, will seem like child's play
when I'm finished.
I kid you not.

So that's the particular situation that I've been
busy researching
and writing about the past
few days that has kept my mind elsewhere.


Creepy
Alexander Lewy and the HB City
Hall-paid
spy will just have to wait a few more
hours or days
to see the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment