Thursday, January 3, 2013

Important! Per continuing Hallandale Beach CRA scandal, just found out that the required CRA Advisory Board mtg is TODAY in Room 257, City Hall, at 3:30 p.m.!


Per the continuing Hallandale Beach CRA scandal that led to its Director being fired three weeks ago, within the hour I've found out after calling the HB City Clerk's office that the required CRA Advisory Board mtg is TODAY in Room 257 at 3:30 p.m.!
No, not next week as you'd expect in a normal city.

I only found out because I called them!

Just over two weeks since today's meeting was mandated by HB City Comm. vote in mid-December, via a common sense motion to defer final vote on dispersal of funds until January 14th by Comm. Michele Lazarow, to verify accuracy and legality of documents, info re today's meeting was STILL NOT posted on the city's website as of 10 a.m. today.
Really.

Stupid me, I naturally assumed the city would hold it in a non-holiday week -like next week, when more people are actually here.

That reminds me, I've given new City Manager Rene Crichton a lot of latitude and the benefit of the doubt a number of times over the past six months. 
I really wanted to believe her when she told me -to my face- that she very much wanted to change the dysfunctional and secretive culture at HB City Hall.

But continuing to keep taxpayers, residents and small business owners completely in the dark is NOT the new culture she promised, it's more of the C.Y.A. mentality we've all been dealing with there for YEARS.
We all know the difference -from experience!

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment