Monday, December 19, 2011

Broward civic activist Csaba Kulin is running for Hallandale Beach City Commission in 2012; bad news for Joy Cooper's Rubber Stamp Crew



Hallandale Beach City Hall/Municipal Complex, December 1, 2011 photo by South Beach Hoosier

The letter below was sent out Sunday night to concerned citizens, activists and elected leaders in Broward County by my friend and fellow Broward & Hallandale Beach civic activist, Csaba Kulin.


----------

Sunday December 18, 2011


Dear Friends and Neighbors:

I have some big news to share with you today before Susan and I leave for the holidays on Tuesday to visit with family and friends for the next two weeks.

After thinking seriously about it over for months, and more recently, talking it thru with Susan and my family, I've decided that some of the longstanding problems at Hallandale Beach City Hall that we all have been earnestly fighting, and trying to get honest answers and explanation for, would be better resolved or prevented entirely if I were on the other side of the Commission Room dais.

That's why I'm pleased to announce to you today that on Monday afternoon, I WILL be filing papers with the City Clerk at HB City Hall to be a candidate in 2012 for the Hallandale Beach City Commission.

I'd appreciate it if over the holidays, you think seriously about some of the problems and matters in Hallandale Beach that most frequently trouble you and your family and neighbors.
The matters, large and small, that you personally believe present obstacles to this city having the much-higher Quality of Life that we all feel it should have NOW, but doesn't.

When I return in two weeks, I'd like to hear from you about what you've identified as problems areas and hear your own thoughts on how -as a genuine community- we might most-effectively resolve those problems for good.

Personal experience guides my own suspicion that most of the problems you're most troubled by are ones that have a few things in common: lack of genuine accountability, meaningful transparency and financial oversight at Hallandale Beach City Hall.
The very ones that I've not just been talking about for years, but actually trying to do something positive about.

I'll be contacting you in the new year with some news about my plans and my new campaign website, which will detail just some of my plans for rapidly changing the failed status quo mentality at HB City Hall, and infusing it with the sort of accountability, transparency and oversight that we've long been promised but NEVER received under the current regime.

Enjoy your time with your family over the holidays, but please keep your eyes and ears open and let me know what sort of Hallandale Beach you and your family and neighborhood want to see us be able to enjoy in the future.

For me and so many of you, that's a Hallandale Beach that's cleaner, smarter, more attractive and better-managed -with a public beach to match- that we can all take pride in enjoying.

Sincerely,
Csaba Kulin

No comments:

Post a Comment