At 5 p.m. on the day of what I was assured by the Broward County Govt. Center would the LAST public meeting of the Broward County Courthouse Taskforce, the webpage the county specifically constructed for purposes of communicating with the public STILL didn't have today's meeting information on it.
The meeting's already over.
Another great moral victory(!) for Broward County Comm. Ilene Lieberman, who, last year, wanted to prevent the mass transit-riding public from actually populating a proposed MTA, since it would/could actually result in regular citizens using that group to occasionally holding her, the Commission and the Broward MPO to account for the disastrous transportation planning in this county that I've cited so many times.
The longstanding disconnect between connecting Tri-Rail and Fort Lauderdale Stadium for events there being the most obvious to anyone who's actually paying attention.
Of course, now, the Orioles have flown the coop, probably for good.
Paging Mayor Jack Seiler!
See my August 25th post of last year on how Lieberman's fingerprints were all over that particular effort, which South Florida's media completely ignored.
Naturally, right in the middle of things, because it's the way things are done in Broward County, was someone from the Broward League of Cities, one of the most ardent opponents in the state of grass-root citizen participation in any kind of oversight capacity.
In this case, the elected head of the organization for this year, Margaret Bates.
But they are just the two most visible targets of sheer incompetency and mis-management
on this effort.
Below is the rest of the list of today's culpable parties.
See anyone you know?
The next time you run into one of these characters, why don't you look them straight in the face and ask point blank: "Why should YOUR opinion count for anything if you're paying SO little attention to this matter, that you didn't even notice that your own group's webpage hasn't been changed in five weeks, and made accurate for the public?"
Broward County Courthouse Task Force Members
|The Courthouse Task Force Members are:|
• Broward County Commissioner Ilene Lieberman, Chair
• Scott Chitoff - Brinkley, Morgan, Solomon, Tatum, Stanley and Lunny
• Greg Durden - Greg Durden, P.A.
• Howard Finkelstein - Broward County Public Defender
• Howard Forman - Clerk of Courts
• Jose Izquierdo - Izquierdo and Marin
• Chuck Morton - Chief Assistant State Attorney
• Linda O'Neil - Judicial Assistant to Judge Robert Lee
• Eugene Pettis - Haliczer Pettis and Schwamm
• Scott Rothstein - Rothstein, Rosenfeldt, Adler
• Chief Judge Vic Tobin - 17th Judicial Circuit
• Circuit Court Judge Peter Weinstein
Hallandale Beach Blog -A common sense public policy overview offering a critical perspective on the current events, politics, govt., public policy, sports scene and pop culture of the U.S., South Florida and Europe, especially the UK and Sweden. In particular, Broward & Miami-Dade County, and the cities of Hallandale Beach, Hollywood & Aventura. Trust me when I tell you, this part of Florida is NOT the Land of Lincoln. Pictured in upper-left is Hallandale Beach's iconic beachball-colored Water Tower on State Road A1A; September 2008 photo by me, South Beach Hoosier. © 2013 Hallandale Beach Blog, All Rights Reserved.
- About Us - Hallandale Beach Blog
- Advertising at Hallandale Beach Blog
- To Contact Me/kontakta mig: HallandaleBeachBlog (at) gmail (dot) com
- Welcome to My World...
- Welcome to My World 2017, pre-July
- Sweden 2017
- Sweden 2016 - Tweets, news stories & videos re Sweden & Swedish people, places & things worth knowing about