Monday, April 7, 2008

Update on "The Hollywood Eyesore" -Molehill to Mountain!

A1A and Hallandale Beach Boulevard
February 16, 2008, prior to 'Love and Jazz' concert
photo by South Beach Hoosier


Looking southeast on A1A at Hallandale Beach's iconic Water Tower in center, and The Related Group's The Beach Club to the right.
Obstructed by the dirt and debris is Hallandale Beach Fire Station #60
April 3, 2008 photo by South Beach Hoosier

Well, since we last photographed this problem, it looks like someone has -FINALLY- learned how to make a mountain out of a molehill, since it's grown at least three-fold in the past 12 days.
But someone -can't say who- has chosen to come by since my last post on this and actually cut the grass alongside the sidewalk.

So why wasn't it done before?

Why has this been allowed to be such a civic eyesore for so long on the so-called "Scenic Highway" which is really anything but?

For instance, just last year, the City of Hollywood had "notice" signs about public hearings regarding the site that were on the ground for months after the date.

I called up City Hall to make them aware of it and guess what happened?

The same thing that happened when I brought up the situation to City of Hollywood inspectors, who were across the street at the Hotel, they gave me the ol' Hollywood brush-off they learned under the ancien régime de Mara Giulianti.

Just what I needed, more local employees who don't process or respond well to new information and who didn't want to identify themself.

Damn, wish I'd had my camera with me that day!

Is it really any wonder that so many people in the area dislike the government employees who are supposed to work FOR THEM?
Apropos of the above, I'll have further posts here in the future on observations I made the afternoon of the February 16th's concert, and what I thought were the city's perfectly awful
preparation, resource logistics, and traffic management; past dealings with the City of Hollywood much-vaunted bureaucracy; and the so-called Scenic Highway along A1A in Broward County.

No comments:

Post a Comment