Friday, August 20, 2010

FL-17's Scott Galvin isn't running for Class President, he's running for Congress. Different rules and standards apply.

Per my email earlier post today, Coming Sunday: Scott Galvin's FL-17 congressional campaign is using MY blog photos on his direct mail campaign ads without my permission,
http://hallandalebeachblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/coming-sunday-scott-galvins-fl-17.html a Scott Galvin supporter from North Miami can't quite 'hold-his-horses.'

He couldn't simply wait patiently until Sunday for the photographic proof I will be posting here that was, after all, literally, mailed to me by Galvin's campaign, that among the many other things that have been said and written about FL-17 congressional candidate Scott Galvin of North Miami over the past few months, that he is impatient, lacks gravitas and perhaps a little too thin-skinned to be an elected official beyond the parochial city limits of North Miami,
Galvin seems to lack the ability to effectively manage and delegate to subordinates. You know, his own campaign workers and contractors?
That's not a good sign for him now or for his political future.


This swiping of my photos without my permission is but the latest example I've seen that he is not quite ready for prime time.

On Sunday, I'll have YET another example altogether, complete with photos -ones that I've been sitting on for weeks- showing that serious citizens concerned
about the innate character and common sense of their representation in Washington, D.C. would be wise to look elsewhere.

Scott Galvin
isn't running for Class President, he's running for Congress, and we don't have to pretend to like him if we find him lacking in character or don't believe he will be a genuine common sense independent voice for positive change instead of an ideologue.

Different rules and standards apply, but he and his supporters seem not to have gotten that memo.

But he's hardly alone in that respect.

For this congressional election, this year, in my opinion, Galvin simply isn't the caliber of person I want representing me and my part of this country in D.C.
I
want a unique voice who will challenge the conventional wisdom and negative reputation of South Florida congressmen, NOT another member for the echo chamber.
You have to represent citizens who disagree with you, too.


Below is the email exactly as it was sent to me this morning for inclusion in reader comments. While clearly well-intentioned, it only serves to confirm my suspicions that Scott Galvin & Company are NOT ready for prime time right now.
Maybe in the future after he's really really done something, but definitely NOT now.

Maybe others are willing to waste their vote, but I'm not.

We surely don't need more show horses like
Alan Grayson in Congress, we need more work horses.
I spent over 15 years in Washington, much of it on Capitol Hill, and know the difference between the two from seeing examples of both nearly everyday.

I suspect most of you have the good sense to appreciate the distinction as well.


------
With all the problems that our country, state and local community faces, does this really matter? Galvin has been an exemplary public servant. He has run a classy, clean and progressive campaign.

If some graphic designer searched the web for an image, and used it for one of his mailers, is it really reflective on him in any way? I can guarantee you that Galvin does not design his own mail pieces. Nor does any other candidate.
Of all the things to talk about in this election, this is the one that I have seen that matters the least. Galvin is a terrific candidate.


Watch this space on Sunday and judge for yourself whether you want someone representing you in Washington who doesn't pay attention to what he says and does.

I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment